If you have finally decided to book your flights to India and go on a trip, then there is no place better than Himachal Pradesh. This mountainous state is located in the North of India. Himachal is hands down one of the best places you can explore in India. This state is popular among tourists in India, and people come here especially in summers, to escape the heat of the plains. There is nothing better for your senses than the cool and clean air of the mountains. There is much to be done here.
From adventure sports to the historical sites here, the list of activities to enjoy here is endless. If you are an adventure junkie, then you can enjoy sports such as skiing, rafting, trekking, and more. But when you come here, you need to pay a lot of attention to your accommodation. The following ten luxury hotels in Himachal Pradesh are sure to blow your mind. The stunning views and wonderful service that you will get in these resorts will add to the overall experience of your trip.
- The Oberoi Cecil: This hotel is an important part of history in Himachal Pradesh. Once a popular spot for dances hosted by the British people, this hotel is just as popular now. Given that they have managed to keep the old world charm and beauty of this place intact, it comes as no surprise that the Oberoi Cecil is one of the oldest yet one of the best hotels you can visit on this list.
- Norwood Green, Palampur: Palampur is a small quaint hill station located in Himachal. This picturesque little town has much to offer. Norwood offers cottages with four rooms. The place is perfect for a family getaway. Some of the things you can do here include cycling around the area and even exploring the tea gardens that surround the cottages. With a stunning view of the snow-clad hills and the greenery that surrounds you, you will surely be able to relax all your senses. Make your booking as soon as you can, or else these lovely cottages are bound to be fully booked.
- Chonor House: Himachal has a considerable Tibetan population, and Chonor House is one of the best hotels that is located right next to the Norbulingka Monastery in Dharamsala. Designed by a British architect, this is the best place that you can choose to stay. The stunning murals, art, and interior of this hotel are extremely impressive. The restaurant connected to the hotel is the cherry on top, where you can enjoy some of the best food.
- Dunn Perk Manor: if you are looking for something a bit more exclusive, then the Dunn Perk Manor is the place for you. This hotel has only eight rooms, and you will not have to worry about your fellow tourists at all. Here you can enjoy a fairly solitary holiday. This place is perfect for a book retreat or to spend some quality time with your family and friends. The staff here is extremely helpful as they help you pick the best spots for a picnic and even pack you a food hamper.
- Fort Nalagarh: Want to spend your holidays like royals in the mountains? If yes, then this luxury hotel is perfect for you. At Fort Nalagarh, you can enjoy the spectacular views of the Shivalik Hills and the Sirsa river. The hotel boasts of an old-world charm with its architecture and the gardens in bloom. The beauty of this place should be enough to make you want to get your reservations and visit as soon as you possibly can.
- Darang Tea Estate: Apart from its scenic beauty, Himachal is known for its tea. So what better place to spend your time here than a cottage located in a tea estate? Featuring four stunning cottages, the Darang tea estate allows you to enjoy a cozy and private vacation with your near and dear ones. This place also features a small library where you can sit down and get some reading done without any distractions.
- Woodville Palace Hotel: This stunning hotel offers you a piece of history as it was once the summer home of Raja Rana of Jubbal. Given its past status as the summer home, you are sure to get pleasant weather here. Spending your summer vacations here is a perfect idea. This hotel is also a favourite among Bollywood celebrities and many Bollywood movies have also been shot here in the past. The glass garden in this hotel is sure to impress you, and you must plan your visit to explore it.
- The Himalayan: If you are looking for something more gothic and royal, then the Himalayan will not disappoint you one bit. The architecture here is reminiscent of the gothic period, and you will be able to experience the royal life here. This hotel will make you feel like you are in a Disney movie, and you will be able to put your feet down without a worry here. Once you are here, you will be able to forget about all the worries of the world and just relax with your family or friends here.
- Hotel Sunny View: This is another place for those looking to spend some alone time. This bungalow is located in Dalhousie, and it is sure to take you back in time. The best part about this place is that you can book the entire bungalow all to yourself. Spending some quality time with your loved ones here is a great choice as you do not need to worry about running into anyone else when you have the entire place booked for yourself.
- Chapslee: This is another one of the summer royal residences in Himachal Pradesh. Built for Raja Charanjit Singh of Kapurthala, this is a spectacular holiday getaway that features just five rooms, a croquet lawn, and even a tennis court. Living here will make you feel like royalty, and you will be able to experience what the royal life feels like up close.
These hotels will not only provide you with a luxurious experience, but they will also allow you to relax. Not all holidays have to be about visiting tourist spots. Some holidays are simply about relaxing and rejuvenating. Visiting these hotels and resorts will allow you to get away from the madness of daily life and put your feet down for a while. So, book your flights to India as soon as you can, and enjoy a trip to one of these resorts.